US iTunes in Germany?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dp2812, Oct 26, 2011.

1. dp2812 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I plan on moving back to Germany in the near future and was wondering what will happen to my iTunes account once I move.
    I have spent quite a bit of money for music and I don't want to have to "start over".
    I will get a German version of the iPhone (or would it make sense to take my US one and have it "converted" to save some money?).
    Is there any way to transfer my US iTunes music, photos, contacts etc to a German iPhone, that will obviously be connected to a German iTunes account?
    Or is bringing my US computer the only way to hold on to all my downloads, pics etc?

Thank you!

DP

2. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

As long as you have a place of residence in the US and an american paying method, you can still use your US iTunes store. Your iTunes library however, you can take with you wherever you go and keep the songs.

3. ET007 macrumors newbie

You can use your US account in Germany. Just make sure your have enough US iTunes Cards if you want to purchase more apps from your US account or use a US credit card. If you do not plan on purchasing any more apps from your US account, you should be fine like that.

Also, you should not have any problems using/accessing your US account from Germany or anywhere else.

Currently you will not be able to fuse a US account with a German account. However you can use each one on your iPhone/iPad. I have both and they work fine. Just change your log-in info each time you use a certain account.

You should also be fine with a German or US iphone or where ever else you purchase the iphone as far as it is unlocked.

Good luck!