US Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by N-Y, May 1, 2011.

1. N-Y macrumors regular

im in canada, and unfortunately there are some free apps that we can't download since they're in the US store, does anybody know how to create a free US itunes account?

2. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

In itunes you can change your country to US.

Many people do so. Recently a game, O&C was relased first in Canada and some people from the US changed the default store to Canada to download it without problems.

Open up itunes and head to the store, scroll to the bottom. In the bottom right there is a tiny round flag icon, click it and choose USA. And you should be good to go.

3. N-Y thread starter macrumors regular

i tried, but its asking me for US credit card

4. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

For free Apps you don't have to use a credit card. Just erase the credit card you currently have.

I have downloaded free apps with no credit card info on iTunes. Here is how:

1. Change the contry as I instructed on my other post.

2. On iTunes go to your account (click on your email on the top right and select account).

3. Select "Edit payment information" button.

4. Once there there are logos of credit cards on top with rounded checkboxes, to the right there is a "none" check it.

5. Push the "Done" button.

That's it, now download all the free apps you want. When you need to get paid for apps again, re-select Canada and enter your credit card info. The free Apps you have downloaded from the US store will not be affected.

Hope that helps :)