US keyboard layout in europe for macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zephyer, May 25, 2013.

1. Zephyer macrumors member

Hello. i will be visiting in germany soon, and i intend to purchase a new macbook there. however, i want the US english keyboard layout, not the EU english keyboard layout. in the online german apple store it shows i can choose between "British, english" and "English, international". do they mean to the US english keyboard layout by the "English, international"? Thanks!

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

This is what I get in the US store so I guess international is the same as (US) English.

Attached Files:

4. Zephyer thread starter macrumors member

5. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

From what i've seen, the only difference is in the shape of the 'enter' key. On the US model it is split into two buttons (don't know what the other one is, maybe "/ |") and in the European it's bigger, like a backwards "L"

6. wmage macrumors member

Yes, the European return key is terrible.

The only difference between the two options are the labels on number keys. British will have the pound symbol, while international will presumably have same symbols as US.

But the layout will still be European, that is, terrible return key.

Also, if you buy it in Germany, the price will be higher, because in EU they have to sell it with 2-year warranty. But that's not AppleCare, it's just warranty provided by the seller, so I don't suppose you'll be able to service it in the US.

I would definitely get my computer in the US... The price will be about the same as if you got AppleCare in the US. (And AppleCare is 3 years internationally.)

7. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

Why is it so terrible on the European layout? Aside from the shape, what is the difference?