Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!


macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2013
Hello. i will be visiting in germany soon, and i intend to purchase a new macbook there. however, i want the US english keyboard layout, not the EU english keyboard layout. in the online german apple store it shows i can choose between "British, english" and "English, international". do they mean to the US english keyboard layout by the "English, international"? Thanks!


macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
This is what I get in the US store so I guess international is the same as (US) English.


  • Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 23.37.43.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 23.37.43.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 260


macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
San Francisco
Yes, the European return key is terrible.

The only difference between the two options are the labels on number keys. British will have the pound symbol, while international will presumably have same symbols as US.

But the layout will still be European, that is, terrible return key.

Also, if you buy it in Germany, the price will be higher, because in EU they have to sell it with 2-year warranty. But that's not AppleCare, it's just warranty provided by the seller, so I don't suppose you'll be able to service it in the US.

I would definitely get my computer in the US... The price will be about the same as if you got AppleCare in the US. (And AppleCare is 3 years internationally.)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.