US made Jeans

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by j/k/Andy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. j/k/Andy macrumors regular

Looking for American made Blue Jeans, anyone know of a site that sells USA made jeans -

I'm a basic 505 (32x32) Levi's kind of guy, but as most of them are made in Egypt and elsewhere, I'm looking for domestic source

2. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Well, I like 505's as well. Mine all seem to have "Made in Canada" on the labels. I think Levi's phased out all their American plants.

If you find a producer of American made jeans, post it here. Good luck though, I don't think there are any left. Sorry I can't be more optimistic.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

My pair of Levi's purchased in the US say "made in mexico."

What is so special about a pair of jeans sewed by an overpaid union member?

5. Michael48323 macrumors newbie

6. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Like so many other companies...

7. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Not too hard to find. I've got at least 3 pairs all purchased within the last 6 months that are made in the US. Of course they are all $100+ jeans. Citizens of Humanity, Chip and Pepper, Lucky Brand, 7 For All Mankind, and a fair number of other brands are made in the US. Of course the fabric they are made of is imported.

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Agave, Citizens, and 7 For All Mankind are the finest US produced jeans I have worn.

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

10. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Levi's "Capital-E" jeans are made in the US, and can be purchased in most Levi stores and in their online store as well. They're "not for everyone" though.

Also, some "True Religion" jeans are pretty decent, though expensive.

11. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Gap jeans aren't made domestically? I know a lot of their shirts are made in Macau or wherever, but I thought their jeans were here in the US. The quality is good wherever they're made..

12. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Why do you want them to be American? :p Simply curiosity.

13. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Not American-made but a guy friend wore some jeans the other day and they are super tough. It is a japanese brand called "Evisu" that uses some special denim.

I told him they were some gold-miner 49er jeans.

If you are looking for durability, I'd imagine these would hold up very well.

14. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

That they aren't made by an underpaid ununionized scab.

15. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I hate newbies that resurrect old threads. :/

Like that one that resurrected this thread from 07-08. Then this one from 08-09.

16. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I feel like ressurecting the "Mac Mini is Dead" one... :eek:

;)

17. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Yeah, those stupid newbies.

Who needs them.

We don't want any new members...they're just dumb, and ask dumb questions so they might learn stuff here.

And they do dumb stuff that cool members who have been here for a long time would never do..even when they were newbies.

Yeah, stupid newbies...

:rolleyes:

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And if a newbie should fail to find an ancient thread to resurrect, and instead, choose to start a new thread on the same topic, some grizzled antiques long time resident here, complete with Bronze Age era facial hair fashions, will cuttingly remind them to check whether this topic has ever been discussed earlier, before wasting the time of esteemed and venerable forum members who might actually venture an answer.

Agreed. Seems to be a classic case of damned if you do (resurrect an ancient thread) and very damned if you don't and choose, instead to start a new one. ;)

Re the thread topic itself, I can't help, but I must confess I am reading it with interest as being of a certain venerable vintage myself, and far from anorexic with it, finding well made, comfortable, jeans made from ethically sourced cotton, (and made by union protected and properly paid and waged staff) remains a constant search.........

----------

Ah, you can be certain that the employees who made them are actually properly paid, remunerated, rewarded - at an agreed legal rate - and enjoy legal protections..........

.....rather than garments made by underpaid child (or female) labour in a developing country, people who are often grossly exploited, and dreadfully underpaid, enduring ghastly labour conditions and minimal legal or environmental protection, for example.

Well, it matters to me that what I wear comes from ethical sources, or at least, sources I can stand over. And if that means paying a bit more for the end product, so be it, that is the choice I make in a market economy.

19. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

20. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

So thats how they must've felt when Jesus was resurrected.

21. snberk103 macrumors 603

Well, 'tis the season I suppose.

22. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

I like to shop American Apparel, everything is 100% made in LA.