US only must have apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Akvavit, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Akvavit macrumors newbie

Akvavit

So - i got a great deal on a VPN service - i won't write which on here, but if anyone should need a link, send me a PM....

Anyway... I am now rocking Netflix and Pandora from Ireland, and i love it!

Question from me now, is if there are some other must have apps - now that i got a US iTunes/ip.

Was thinking about a Hulu+ account, since my normal Hulu account does not work on the iPad.

But have i missed some?

2. Evgenyy macrumors regular

Vevo HD
    ABC Player
    Discovery HD
    PBS
    Rdio
    CN Video
    HBO

Don't forget some great UK apps too like BBC iPlayer, ipad.tvcatchup.com etc

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Does Amazon have the same E-Book availability in the UK? If not, VPN in and get some books :) . If it's the same in Europe, get some anyway ;)

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

A lot of those apps, however, particularly ones that stream television programs, may not actually work - I've tried ABC Player before and every time I tried watching something it detected I wasn't in the US and wouldn't proceed.

5. fatwallet macrumors newbie

Hi, I've just downloaded an app called S*rf***y VPN, with the hope of being able to download apps from the USA iTunes and watch videos that normally am not able to watch (because of being in UK).
    I have selected USA profile and assumed that on the google home page if I selected use precise location that it would be fooled and not actually show my precise location, and maybe use love film USA.

I wondered if there is anyone with experience of this app or similar app that could do what I'm looking for?:confused:

6. Bear macrumors G3

What you need is an iTunes account with a US address, including the billing address. However, I'm not suse how an iOS device would behave with apps from 2 (or more) different iTunes accounts.

7. dazed macrumors 6502a

It works just fine. I have apps on my devices from Canada, US and UK.

There are many tutorials online to set up other country accounts but basically you create a new email address for the store and then sign out of iTunes and select the country you want and then select a free app to download, you then put in your new details.

This will only work with free apps since you won't have a valid credit card.

8. Zen.lopez macrumors newbie

With a jail broken phone you could use the location faker apps. It worked for me

----------

I have just one iTunes account for multiple app stores

9. adityashah1989 macrumors 6502

Just got on the USA store. Any new US only apps that anyone would be kind enough to recommend?