Hi everyone, Been reading these forums for years, and finally here's my first post! I know there's literally hundreds of threads like this, but as most people seem to like discussing these kind of dilemma's, here we go: So I live in Europe, my girlfriend lives in the US, but she's moving over here at the end of this month (July). Since my Early 2008 MacBook is reaching the end of its life, I am looking to buy a new one. I have been waiting for the Haswell update for a while now, but since my girlfriend is moving for good, I have to make a decision now as I will not be going to the US any time soon anymore. As I'm sure most people on these forums are aware, Apple products are significantly more expensive in Europe than in the US (about 30%). I have decided to go for the 15" rMBP. It is probably overkill for most of what I do, but I would really like to get into photo and video editing a bit more. Also, as I am planning on using the rMBP at least as long as my current Mac (> 5 years), I want it to have 16 GB RAM and a good processor to be more or less "future-proof" (even though that's a relative term in tech). I have my eye on this refurb 15 rMBP, which would set me back about 1700: http://store.apple.com/us/product/G...-26ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display If I would wait for Haswell, a model with similar specs (16GB/512GB) would cost about 2799, assuming prices stay the same and assuming that I'd have to buy it in Europe. Hence my questions: 1). Is there any reason for me to wait for the Haswell update that warrants the additional 1100 over the mid 2012 model? 2). Secondly, I would like to hear from current rMBP mid 2012 owners whether they would buy theirs again if they would be in my situation. I've heard about image retention problems etc, but is it really that common? Thanks in advance!