US Time Capsule not working in UK

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by clonreher, May 26, 2008.

1. clonreher macrumors newbie

Hello all - can anyone help me to get a Time Capsule bought in New York to work in the UK?

It works fine over ethernet, but my imac (24 inch alu) does not recognise it wirelessly. When I ty to set the TC up manually, AirPort utility asks me to select a country, but I am only able to choose from a short list that includes Brazil, the US, Venezuela etc (and not the UK).

Any help much appreciated, as I will be gutted if this turns out to be little more than a very expensive external hard drive.....

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

it's on the 5ghz freq plug in ethernet and go to time capsule wireless , and put it to anything other then 5ghz

Attached Files:

• time.jpg
      time.jpg
      File size:
      127.1 KB
      Views:
  3. clonreher thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks liketom, but this doesn't seem to have worked. The imac simply does not recognise the device when I unplug the ethernet cable (there is no issue with interference or poor signal).

4. clonreher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again for the pointer liketom - finally figured it out (it was the network connection settings on my imac that caused the problem I think). All seems to be working fine now :D Hooray for :apple: