US VERSION VS EU VERSION VOLUME!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skypod, May 17, 2016.

1. skypod macrumors newbie

Hi I'm new here and i was looking round for hours trying to find some info regarding volume on the new iPod touch 6th gen, sorry in advanced if this has already been brought up in previous threads.

I recently lost my 4th gen iPod which i imported from the states as they have no volume limit. Im looking to replace it with the 128gb version but want to know if the volume limit is still present. I do know apple introduced an option to turn off the volume limit but i noticed on my girlfriends 5th get iPod touch the volume was significantly lower than my 4th gen when compared but still slightly louder than the 4th gen EU version.

Does anyone know if both the US and EU versions have the same amount of output volume on the 6th gen iPod touch? thanks for any info.

2. KRBM macrumors newbie

yes, it's the same. the EU version will colorize the part of the volume that the EU considers too loud

3. Jazzman 76 macrumors newbie

I have the current 6th Gen iPod Touch 128gb and compared to my 4th Gen iPod Touch, is very low. My 4th Gen did not have any eu limit setting and was purchased in the uk about a week after the release date. Amazing sound! Prior to purchasing the current 6th generation I was thinking of importing one but the cost would have been prohibitive. I don't know of anyone who has the US version of the 6th Gen to compare, but I hope this info helps.

4. skypod, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

skypod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the info guys. After thinking I decided to gamble and go for an import of the 128gb and I can confirm that the sound compared to the eu versions it is significantly louder. About 20 to 30% approx. I compared to my girlfriends 5th gen with the eu limit off using the same songs. Very happy with my gamble and it runs my senns hd25 great without any amp.
    Thankfully my mates mum was at her home in Florida so I bought off Apple Store and had it sent to hers and my mate brought it back to the uk. It cost £300 delivered.