Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProjectManager101

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
I was talking to a friend and I just had my lesson as well.
I lost my boyfriend, he was into "you and me" but I kept telling him: is not a "you or me, is an us".
People do not know what that word means. People take sides within a relationship, there is not more "us".

"Us" means: leaving everything behind because we are now our new agenda, we are the entity. Some people want to keep their path. They forget they can choose "my path or our path".

The bedroom was not the problem, the cooking was not the problem, friends neither. He could have chosen me. There are no "us".

Attachments

• Rigo.png
    Rigo.png
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 109

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Relationships without mutual care and regard are bound for failure. Sometimes we must make decisions on the greater benefit of the relationship. I think it's important to realize thought that in all relationships there must be compromise, in addition to a sense of independence and space when necessary. Too much co-dependence is unhealthy. As important as the unit is, each individual needs a sense of personal freedom. That said, if everything is one sided, obviously its not something worth investing in.

Sorry to hear about your break up. It doesn't sound like he was the one for you.

ProjectManager101

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
If I'm reading you correctly here, I'd say any relationship is not a total "us". Your own identity is not completely subsumed by a new joint identity.
Good morning!

Not really... it is complicated but... imagine you have found this person, she works, she is a professional, she is stable. Then there is chemistry. Basically the only thing that will keep you apart are the stories you play in your head. That is why now there is an "us" and that "us" will be challenged because we are challenged by ourselves per ce any way. Nothing is going to be perfect.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Random for a tech forum.

There's an us In every relationship but there has to be a balance of me and you or it'll fail. Simple

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
I was talking to a friend and I just had my lesson as well.
I lost my boyfriend, he was into "you and me" but I kept telling him: is not a "you or me, is an us".
People do not know what that word means. People take sides within a relationship, there is not more "us".

"Us" means: leaving everything behind because we are now our new agenda, we are the entity. Some people want to keep their path. They forget they can choose "my path or our path".

The bedroom was not the problem, the cooking was not the problem, friends neither. He could have chosen me. There are no "us".

This made me seasick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.