US

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ProjectManager101, Nov 13, 2015.

1. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

I was talking to a friend and I just had my lesson as well.
    I lost my boyfriend, he was into "you and me" but I kept telling him: is not a "you or me, is an us".
    People do not know what that word means. People take sides within a relationship, there is not more "us".

"Us" means: leaving everything behind because we are now our new agenda, we are the entity. Some people want to keep their path. They forget they can choose "my path or our path".

The bedroom was not the problem, the cooking was not the problem, friends neither. He could have chosen me. There are no "us".

Attached Files:

• Rigo.png
      Rigo.png
      File size:
      1,000.7 KB
      Views:
  2. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

3. ProjectManager101 thread starter Suspended

ProjectManager101

I just broke up with a guy, not the dog. But I am fine, I have another date!

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If I'm reading you correctly here, I'd say any relationship is not a total "us". Your own identity is not completely subsumed by a new joint identity.

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Well, that was quick!

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Relationships without mutual care and regard are bound for failure. Sometimes we must make decisions on the greater benefit of the relationship. I think it's important to realize thought that in all relationships there must be compromise, in addition to a sense of independence and space when necessary. Too much co-dependence is unhealthy. As important as the unit is, each individual needs a sense of personal freedom. That said, if everything is one sided, obviously its not something worth investing in.

Sorry to hear about your break up. It doesn't sound like he was the one for you.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Glad the passage of time was able to heal you.

8. ProjectManager101 thread starter Suspended

ProjectManager101

Good morning!

Not really... it is complicated but... imagine you have found this person, she works, she is a professional, she is stable. Then there is chemistry. Basically the only thing that will keep you apart are the stories you play in your head. That is why now there is an "us" and that "us" will be challenged because we are challenged by ourselves per ce any way. Nothing is going to be perfect.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Random for a tech forum.

There's an us In every relationship but there has to be a balance of me and you or it'll fail. Simple

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think of marriage as a team working toward a common goal you don't see it that way and it's all good.

11. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

This made me seasick.

12. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Glad I'm not the only one who can't follow...