USA IP Address

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jakeblu, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Jakeblu macrumors regular

Hi, I noticed some of the sites I use on the iPad showing the us versions which is a bit annoying. On checking my IP address it appears to be based in Delaware USA! I have reset my router but still usa ip address. Strangely enough the ip address on my Macbook Pro is uk. I have a jailbroken iPad3, any advise on this would be appreciated

2. dchao macrumors 6502a

Are you using VPN? Maybe you used a VPN for something like Hulu+

3. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

Lucky you! What's the problem. Nobody will have a clue who you are.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

This makes no sense if all the devices are connected to the same router they should be using 192.x.x.x addresses only the router will use an external address.

The IPad will only use an external address if it is connected 3G and that will be provided by the Local carrier.

5. Jakeblu thread starter macrumors regular

I dont disagree about it making sense but when I use www.whatsmyip.com it gives it as 108.59.9.101 which tells me my geolocation is in the usa! Only realised I had a problem when on the BBC site and Guardian, the beeb wont let me use iplayer and the guardian displays the US version! BTW my ipad is wifi only, no 3G. Both my Macbook and ipad are connected via wireless to my Apple extreme/timemachine which in turn is connected to my ISP's modem