USA iTunes Gift Card

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chrisNZ, Apr 5, 2010.

1. chrisNZ macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am in the process of organizing an iPad to be shipped down to me in New Zealand. However, I am stuck only able to purchase free apps as I cannot use my New Zealand credit card I have already registered with my New Zealand iTunes account.

Would someone here be able to electronically gift me a $30 US iTunes gift card?

I can pay you via PayPal or another similar service and I will pay in advance (+ fees for payment service).

This is my first post here but I have been reading these forums for quite a while and they have been extremely useful :)

As I am taking quite a substantial risk giving over $30 to a complete stranger, I would feel a lot better if the volunteer was someone with a decent reputation on these forums.

Thanks

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Why can't you buy them on the NZ store with your NZ card?
    I just looked at the NZ store and there is plenty of apps, both paid and free, on there.

Or did you mean you are after apps that aren't released in the NZ store yet? I know that here in the Australian store we can't yet get iBooks, ABC Player, Netflix and I assume a number of others.

3. chrisNZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it's because the iWork apps are not available in the NZ store (Not quite sure why though) it's only making it harder for me to give my money to Apple :D

4. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Hm looks like we can't get iWork here either. I could've sworn that I saw it up there the other day. I must have been looking at the US Store.

5. Z06jerry macrumors regular

You can buy US store iTunes gift cards on eBay for a small premium over face value.

6. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Apparently you can often find them at original value or even less, when people buy a bunch of them on sale. I wouldn't know though, I have never bought any online.

7. Z06jerry macrumors regular

I buy them this way to fund my US iTunes account because I am located in Canada and don't have a US credit card either.

8. nman040 macrumors member

This is what you're looking for :) :

http://maximuscards.com/

Very reliable and almost immediate delivery of the gift card (code) to your email- with a slight premium of course

9. chrisNZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! :)

Have you used this website yourself?

10. nman040, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

nman040 macrumors member

Yup, numerous times. If it helps to know, I buy US creds because like you, I want content that isn't available on the NZ store ;)

The only time I didn't get the code immediately upon payment was when I was out of the country and the IP address which I placed the order from did not match my billing address. They contacted me for verification before providing the code - yea, they're pretty thorough like that lol..

11. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Jinkst

Am I completely missing something? I'm looking through the Australian store and there are no iPad apps whatsoever, just iPhone...

12. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

I think I understand why you are missing them.

On the main iTunes Store page, and on the App Store page, it only shows iPhone apps. However, if you do a search, iPad apps will show up.

I'll get you a pic in a second.

13. chrisNZ thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes 9.1 is also required
    EDIT: mickbab bet me to it (specific searching)

14. mickbab, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011

mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

You will need iTunes 9.1 and will need to do a search. A search for "ipad" will get you this:

[​IMG]

15. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Jinkst

Ah success!! This will help alot when my iPad arrives from America later this week. Many thanks for that. Can't believe I didn't think of this before! :)

16. chrisNZ thread starter macrumors newbie

17. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

I am jealous of you people! I probably won't even buy an iPad when they first land here in Australia (although I would like one) but I'm still going through the iTunes Store downloading some free iPad apps. It will make me feel better about not having one. :rolleyes:

I hope you both enjoy your iPads very much....*sobs*

18. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Thanks! I was looking for something like this, I assume you can buy books with gift cards to?

19. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Jinkst

Lol, I'm lucky I've got some friends in the States at the moment who are coming back to Aus midweek. Perfect timing. Although I'm not guaranteed to have it yet, I feel that if I talk like I do, the universe will manifest it like some Oprah "The Secret" type crap. I can hope right? Haha.

20. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Good question. I assume the iBookstore will run through the same iTunes account info.

Perhaps when my uncle heads over to US in June for WWDC he can grab me an iPad, since he will probably be buying one for himself and one for his wife anyway.

21. fishmoose macrumors 68000

One would think so. Someone should be able to confirm this before I get to New York in August.

22. melman101 macrumors 68030

Edit (I removed the quote as to not support any scammers): The post I quoted above got deleted because I guess it was a scam :).

Wow, this website looks like a scam if I ever saw one.

However, I would definitely look at maximuscards.com. That one looks definitely more reputable.

23. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I know a seller with a bit cheaper price than maximuscards.com. He's reliable & quick & accept paypal. Anyone interested just pm me.

24. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I've ordered iTunes codes from www.raise.com which resells many gift cards. They deliver iTunes codes instantly and electronically.

However, I'm not sure if they will allow you to buy from them with a NZ credit card....you'll have to check that out.

25. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Yes, the bookstore uses the same account setup and iTunes gift cards as the Music, Video, and App Stores.