USA MBA for use in UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by awalis, Aug 14, 2011.

1. awalis macrumors newbie

Thinking of getting a mba in California soon. I am aware of the sales/vat/import tax situation.
    I am interested to know how people have got on with the keyboard differences and other issues.

Thanks.

2. molala macrumors 6502a

Keyboard is not a big problem. Either just follow the US format and remember that alt-3 is £ and alt-shift-2 is €. (you can find these using Keyboard Viewer under Language & Text in the Control Panel). Or just reconfigure the keyboard to follow a British layout using the same control panel.

For the power plug, you can easily buy the right cable to fit into the power brick with a UK plug on Ebay or Maplin.

The price difference is worth it. Wish I could buy from the US too.

3. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

It's absolutely no problem using an American keyboard.

I had a Japanese MacBook Pro for a while, that certainly made things interesting! All manner of unusually placed buttons on there.

4. awalis thread starter macrumors newbie

5. KPOM, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011

KPOM macrumors G5

I believe you can order a Canadian keyboard from the Apple Store online. I don't know if it's English or French, or what the differences are since the store's website isn't loading right now.

Update: Actually, here are the keyboard options from the US store (Finally back online):

Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
    Keyboard (Western Spanish) & User's Guide
    Keyboard (French) & User's Guide
    Keyboard (Japanese) & User's Guide