Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yespah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Hey
Since everything is really cheap in the US right now, I was wondering if it's possible to buy PS3 controllers here and be able to use them on a PS3 from Europe?
I'm not sure about this because the games won't work from the US and maybe it's the same with the controllers to.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hey
Since everything is really cheap in the US right now, I was wondering if it's possible to buy PS3 controllers here and be able to use them on a PS3 from Europe?

I'm not sure about this because the games won't work from the US and maybe it's the same with the controllers to.
They are all the same thing. There is no regional issue with the controller or indeed the ps3 as it in itself is multi-voltage as well.

Regardless the controllers work without issue which is what you want to know I guess.

(own a USA and EU PS3)

Oh and GAMES DO WORK AS THEY ARE REGION FREE!! Just to clear that up as you are under some other misconception.

So everything works except bluray movies where regional coding exists (on some but not all movies)

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
From what I've heard the Japanese controllers work on US so I think they all work in every country.

My Japanese DualShock 3 works great in the USA. So like you said, I'm guessing it will work everywhere else as well.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
What about normal movies? Surely it'll respect the codes on them too.

Sorry yeah your right, except I never think of watching DVD standard on mine :) Basically yeh, movies are regionalised still except if the movie is region free :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.