usa-uk question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tylerboyo, Dec 30, 2006.

  1. tylerboyo macrumors member

    Dec 28, 2006
    Cardiff, UK
    Possibly getting a lacie hdd from the states. With the volt difference, is all i need a normal plug converter? OR is there a different cable i could buy for the harddrive so it has a UK plug on the end?Thanks
  2. Addo macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2006
    My Lacie drive came with a fig8 mains lead - Just buy a proper one from Maplins! Or buy a converter....But I reckon a new mains lead will be a cheaper option!
  3. Eraserhead macrumors G4


    Nov 3, 2005
    As long as the device voltage input goes up to 230 or 240V it will work in the UK, with a plug adapter that costs about £2 ($4)

Share This Page