USAA... have to wait 30 days to use ApplePay??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by convergent, Oct 16, 2015.

1. convergent macrumors 68020

convergent

I like USAA, but just had a very frustrating experience with them. I have decided to stick my toe into Apple Pay so went through my wallet and added all my cards. It was interesting that almost every one had a different approach to verifying. In a couple of cases, I found that my contact info was out of date and ended up having to call them to verify.

Then there was USAA. My phone was out of date, so I went online and changed it. Then it wouldn't work because it said it was recently changed. So I picked the option to use the USAA app, which I had to install, and log in to, and validate. Got that all working, and guess what... I could use the USAA app to do banking, but to validate Apple Pay it went back to wanting to send a message to my phone. That failed, so it prompted me to call USAA. I called them and they said they had to be able to send a text to my phone to setup Apple Pay, and I'd have to wait 30 days. I'm on the phone with them! They can ask me any verification question they want! Amex asked for prior addresses, drivers license number, SSN, how many cans of beer in my fridge... you get the idea. USAA would let me do banking, but not send me that code. Unbelievable.

2. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

My USAA card was easy to add to apple pay but all my info was current