Usability question for buying new Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ericus Macabeus, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Ericus Macabeus macrumors member

Is anyone aware where I can find real world comparison between rMBP 15" and 13" as far as rendering on FCP or Photoshop? One example: If I'm rendering a 30 min video how long will it take on each machine?

Thanks

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The 15" will do it way faster, because of the quad core alone. Plus, it can be even more than twice as fast if the M370X is utilized in FCP X itself.

3. Ericus Macabeus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. With programs you always see "required" and then "recommended" for hardware. It seems hard to find out just how much better one system is over another when doing the same task. I see geek bench results but I don't know how to decipher it, besides that the bigger number is better.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Half the render time on the 15". It has a quad core vs the 13's dual. It's a no brainer really.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Quite simple really: if the program you use can make use of a dedicated graphics card (for example, uses CUDA on nvidia card or OpenCL on ATI) and is able to use multiple cores, a quad-core with graphics card will run circles(backwards, on one foot) around a 13".