Usability Test: Does iPhone match the hype?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megfilmworks, Sep 22, 2007.

1. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

http://www.computerworld.com/action...ewArticleBasic&articleId=9037858&pageNumber=1

iPhone excels in usability tests
    When Austin-based Perceptive Sciences, a usability consulting firm, tested the usability of an iPhone, an HTC Touch, and a Nokia N95, the results, according to David Haskin (Computerworld), were clear: “In terms of usability, iPhone blew away its two competitors. Its overall score in the usability tests was 4.6 out of 5. The HTC Touch was a distant second at 3.4, and the Nokia N95 scored 3.2.” And that wasn’t the only test at which iPhone excelled.

2. DaLurker macrumors 6502

What makes the iPhone soo fantastic is the interface, and Apple did a fantastic job. If you've used other Smart phones (I used to have an E65 and a Motorola A1200) you'll know just how much easier it is to use the iPhone.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

After I bought my iPhone I started using my laptop less. I don't carry my laptop everywhere I go because I have the phone with me. Its amazing. :D

4. sanford macrumors 65816

Ditto. I was a no-subsidy hater. I was an exclusive ATT contract hater. I played with demo iPhones quite a bit, I talked at length with AT&T on the phone -- I think I'm on some of the phone reps' Christmas card lists now. Finally I bought. A week later I upgraded to family plan and we bought my wife an iPhone. We love them. I'm a mobile phone hater and medium-grade gadget-lover, in that I only like them if they're easy and simple, and more or less transparent. My wife could usually care less about gadgets. iPhones are great. For me, they're like The White Stripes: one of the very few things today that actually live up to or surpass the hype.

5. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

It's great to see an unbiased report that so clearly indicates why the iPhone is in a class by itself!