Usage and Standby the same

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I have been dealing with this issue since iOS 8 and it's driving me nuts cause I'm a little ocd. My standy and usage are the same no matter what. These are the same apps I have always used. I am not using any widgets. Occasionally I can reset network settings to fix it but the next time it charges to 100% the same thing happens again. I have even restored my phone and it comes back. Any ideas what the hell is causing this. I have also cleared out all running apps and restarted phone. I don't know what else to do.

Cryptic One

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I have been dealing with this issue since iOS 8 and it's driving me nuts cause I'm a little ocd. My standy and usage are the same no matter what. These are the same apps I have always used. I am not using any widgets. Occasionally I can reset network settings to fix it but the next time it charges to 100% the same thing happens again. I have even restored my phone and it comes back. Any ideas what the hell is causing this. I have also cleared out all running apps and restarted phone. I don't know what else to do.
Same exact problem here

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
This was happening for me since iOS 7.x.x. I'm on 8.0.2 and it seems to have stopped doing that. Although now when I check it sometimes shows no stays at all. When it was happening I tried disabling everything one at a time and removing apps that I thought might be running at all times like Facebook. But no matter what I tried it didn't matter and the problem never went away. Until now that is. I still keep an eye on it but since the last update I haven't seen that.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
This was happening for me since iOS 7.x.x. I'm on 8.0.2 and it seems to have stopped doing that. Although now when I check it sometimes shows no stays at all. When it was happening I tried disabling everything one at a time and removing apps that I thought might be running at all times like Facebook. But no matter what I tried it didn't matter and the problem never went away. Until now that is. I still keep an eye on it but since the last update I haven't seen that.
Just a small update. My usage and standby just differentiated by 1 minute. 1:38 usage 1:40 standby

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Don't worry, be happy...

I had an issue with the spinning ball under an earlier release, and it went away for a good long time, and TA-DAH it's back...

It came back after I restored my iPhone after getting it unlocked from AT&T. I'm running 8.0.2

I can't tell if it's hammering the battery life yet, but it is a little odd that it would come back. I do have an app that seems to be 'stuck' downloading for some reason, but I doubt that's what's happening. Shutting it off and restarting doesn't seem to fix it either. :confused:

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Are you disappointed with your battery life and trying to diagnose the problem?

If not, don't worry about it.
No, like a said I'm ocd. It's bothering me. This shouldn't be happening. I'd like a fix. In the early stages of having a new phone. I like to know what to expect out of my phone

Magically started works my 2 hours into my day. However I'm sure I'm gonna have the same problem tomorrow

Last edited:

PMR

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Portugal (Google it)
Had the same problem on my iPhone 5, uninstalled Launcher and problem solved. Bear in mind that the battery life was almost the same, but for whatever reason it was logging almost every second since it was disconnected from the wall socket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.