Usage and Standby the same

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fenderbass146, Oct 5, 2014.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I have been dealing with this issue since iOS 8 and it's driving me nuts cause I'm a little ocd. My standy and usage are the same no matter what. These are the same apps I have always used. I am not using any widgets. Occasionally I can reset network settings to fix it but the next time it charges to 100% the same thing happens again. I have even restored my phone and it comes back. Any ideas what the hell is causing this. I have also cleared out all running apps and restarted phone. I don't know what else to do.

2. Cryptic One macrumors newbie

Same exact problem here

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Are you on 8 or 8.1

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

This was happening for me since iOS 7.x.x. I'm on 8.0.2 and it seems to have stopped doing that. Although now when I check it sometimes shows no stays at all. When it was happening I tried disabling everything one at a time and removing apps that I thought might be running at all times like Facebook. But no matter what I tried it didn't matter and the problem never went away. Until now that is. I still keep an eye on it but since the last update I haven't seen that.

5. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Just a small update. My usage and standby just differentiated by 1 minute. 1:38 usage 1:40 standby

6. matttye macrumors 601

Are you disappointed with your battery life and trying to diagnose the problem?

If not, don't worry about it.

7. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Don't worry, be happy...

I had an issue with the spinning ball under an earlier release, and it went away for a good long time, and TA-DAH it's back...

It came back after I restored my iPhone after getting it unlocked from AT&T. I'm running 8.0.2

I can't tell if it's hammering the battery life yet, but it is a little odd that it would come back. I do have an app that seems to be 'stuck' downloading for some reason, but I doubt that's what's happening. Shutting it off and restarting doesn't seem to fix it either. :confused:

8. fenderbass146, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

No, like a said I'm ocd. It's bothering me. This shouldn't be happening. I'd like a fix. In the early stages of having a new phone. I like to know what to expect out of my phone

Magically started works my 2 hours into my day. However I'm sure I'm gonna have the same problem tomorrow

9. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

Had the same problem on my iPhone 5, uninstalled Launcher and problem solved. Bear in mind that the battery life was almost the same, but for whatever reason it was logging almost every second since it was disconnected from the wall socket.