Usage and Standby

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fenderbass146, Sep 30, 2014.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

So extremely frustrated. I spend all night updating my iPhone 6 to 8.1. I got everything setup and went to check my usage and it shows usage and standby as the same thing. (yes I was off the phone for a time.)

Now I figure you will tell me its a beta but I had the same problem on iOS 8 and had to restore my phone. I really really do not want to do that. I was setting it up for 2 hours today.

I have tried closing all running apps, rebooting, reset network settings, with no luck. My OCD is killing me.

2. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Close all programs and then try removing calendar from notification center. I remember I had the same thing and when I removed that it was all ok. Some kind of bug that was also present in ios 7.0

Hope you get it shorted out.

3. matthewadams macrumors regular

It's most likely some program indeed.
    I had the same issue, turns out it was the "DuetPro" (some bluetooth accessory)
    or well, more like its app which drove it up.

4. Valkyre macrumors 6502

it could also be some location service running, or even spotlight indexing. I know that in my case calendar was the culprit.

5. matthewadams macrumors regular

Yeah, I read about that too while hunting for the issue.
    Calendar or Mail Settings being set to Push instead of Fetch or something like that.. cant recall what it was.

6. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

check ur widgets if u have any besides stock apple ones, delete all the apps see if theres any difference. the app n stats & its widget gave me battery drain & kept standby & usage the same for over 5 hours before deviating slightly, delete the app & battery is back to normal, repeated it twice it was the widget/app.

it didnt have an option for background refresh either..

7. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Yeah it was the calendar. When disabling all settings , then problem went away. It seems that it still isnt fixed...