Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firedogut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I'm looking for an app that will keep track of my usage. How min on 3g phone, wifi, web, etc. Anyone know one?

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
if you mean an app that will track how many minutes you have used on wifi / how much data you have used, i don't think this is possible as for this to work, the app would have to run in the background and collect useage data, which the iPhone OS won't let it do.

firedogut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Battery Magic tells you what you should be able to do. I need an app that at the end of the day will tell me I talked for x mins on 3g x mins on edge. That I used wifi x mins and 3g internet x mins and so forth.

I hate typing on the iPhone, damn stubby fingers

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I would think for the phone minute side you'd need an alternate dialer. I don't have an iPhone so obviously i'm not looking for a phone minute app.

I would think there should be one of that sort aimed at professionals that need to log their hours/bill clients?

And i'm guessing your carrier (AT&T?) doesn't send you the info if you send a #DATA text message? That is how i get all that info on Verizon. Not that it always matches the real numbers... but my phone also tracks all that too i think.

ANYWAY, the one i posted was the only one i've come across for tracking net usage. And i'm still reluctant to pay $2 for it..... especially when i keep hearing it shouldn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.