Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I've noticed the last few days that my phone usage goes up quote a bit while it's supposedly asleep.

I went to bed around midnight last night, the battery was around 75% and usage was at 5.5 hours (everything on except 3G and wifi connected to my home network). Woke up this morning around 7:30 and the battery was at about 33% but the usage was at 12 hours! What could it have been doing that it was at least a little awake for pretty much the entire night and how do I make sure that doesn't happen anymore?

I get pretty good battery life (especially since I turned off 3G because my reception at home is so poor--I turn it on when I need it but mostly just leave it off, for now) but I would love to figure out why sometimes the phone isn't sleeping when I think it is.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Mine was doing that once too. When I woke up, the usage would basically say that the phone had been getting used for most of the night even though I had it on stand by.

Then one of the apps crashed the phone and I restored it and it cleared it up, Now the usage seems to be reflecting more accurately. I guess something was stuck and the restore cleared it,

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Mine was doing that once too. When I woke up, the usage would basically say that the phone had been getting used for most of the night even though I had it on stand by.

Then one of the apps crashed the phone and I restored it and it cleared it up, Now the usage seems to be reflecting more accurately. I guess something was stuck and the restore cleared it,

Interesting...that reminds me: in iTunes, it always says there's one Application ready for update, but when I go look there aren't any that actually need it. Really strange. Perhaps this mystery app update is causing the issue?

toss002

Suspended
Jul 16, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Interesting...that reminds me: in iTunes, it always says there's one Application ready for update, but when I go look there aren't any that actually need it. Really strange. Perhaps this mystery app update is causing the issue?

Here's mine. (This had never happened to me before, I've had my phone since 7/11.)

Before I went to sleep, I remember I had the usage time about 1:53 min.

Woke up, usage time:
BATTERY_DRAINED.jpg

***I did update three apps before bed.

MUST BE BUG, BUG I tell you!!!:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.