Usage going up while asleep?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Aug 13, 2008.

1. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I've noticed the last few days that my phone usage goes up quote a bit while it's supposedly asleep.

I went to bed around midnight last night, the battery was around 75% and usage was at 5.5 hours (everything on except 3G and wifi connected to my home network). Woke up this morning around 7:30 and the battery was at about 33% but the usage was at 12 hours! What could it have been doing that it was at least a little awake for pretty much the entire night and how do I make sure that doesn't happen anymore?

I get pretty good battery life (especially since I turned off 3G because my reception at home is so poor--I turn it on when I need it but mostly just leave it off, for now) but I would love to figure out why sometimes the phone isn't sleeping when I think it is.

2. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Mine was doing that once too. When I woke up, the usage would basically say that the phone had been getting used for most of the night even though I had it on stand by.

Then one of the apps crashed the phone and I restored it and it cleared it up, Now the usage seems to be reflecting more accurately. I guess something was stuck and the restore cleared it,

3. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

The aliens are using it while they are giving you an anal probe:D

4. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Interesting...that reminds me: in iTunes, it always says there's one Application ready for update, but when I go look there aren't any that actually need it. Really strange. Perhaps this mystery app update is causing the issue?

5. toss002 macrumors regular

Here's mine. (This had never happened to me before, I've had my phone since 7/11.)

Before I went to sleep, I remember I had the usage time about 1:53 min.

Woke up, usage time:
    [​IMG]

***I did update three apps before bed.

MUST BE BUG, BUG I tell you!!!:mad: