Usage not counting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hemmo, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Hemmo macrumors regular

I have proplem with my usage counter (settings>General>Usage ) Time since last full charge.it works for like half a day then the usage and standby times just disapear and then where there should be the usage/standby time there is only symbol ( - ) Today it worked only few hours :(

i havent connected my phone to anything that would charge or anything so thats not it ,i have reseted statistics and it dosent help the proplem.So can anyone help me? does anyone else have this proplem?

and im using iPhone 4

btw my 2g used to do the same but it started to work all by it self.

sorry about my bad grammar,english is not my native language :D

2. steste macrumors member

are you jailbroken?

This is a known issue when you respring.

3. Hemmo thread starter macrumors regular

yeah its jailbroken.Is there any solution to this proplem? i didnt find anything clear (i did some searching) meaby i was using wrong searh parameters?

Edit:Ok cant stop respringing ,so no counter for me :( no biggie.. thanks steste for letting me know (btw find other topics about this)

4. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Same issue NOT JAILBROKEN

I have been having the same issue but my phone is NOT Jailbroken. I am going to try and search some other topics and see if I can find a solution.

I let my phone deplete and shut off on it's own yesterday and then I let it charge to 100% before taking it off the charger. I am still not showing anything in my Usage or Standy times.

I have had my phone since launch and have only been having this issue for a few days now. Only reason why I even know about this is lately I have felt I haven't been getting the correct battery usage I was getting about 3-4 weeks ago and wanted to check some of my stats, but I am unable to do that without this display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks MacRumors Community!!

5. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Hard reset not working...and something else strange??

So, I decided to do a hard reset to see if it would close out all my background apps, and it didn't. So when the phone rebooted I closed out all the apps (double click home button and close wiggling apps) and then did a hard reset of the phone. When the phone turned back on I had 5 apps running (in this order - Phone, Settings, Mail, iPod, App Store) that were not running when I started the hard reset. I couldn't find anything after searching for a while so I figured I would post in here and see if anyone has had this issue. :confused:

My phone is also NOT Jailbroken incase anyone was wondering and I am on 4.0.1