Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idavid956

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
Does anyone know what the iPhone Usage statistics for a newly installed battery on an iPhone 3G should say? My friend and I recently took in our iPhones to have the battery replaced at a local shop. When I got back my iPhone, it had a dash for "Usage" and "Standby" under "Time since last full charge." It has since changed after I fully recharged it and seems to be reading correct. But my friend's iPhone says "4,107 Days, 11 Hours" for "Usage" and "4,108 Days, 13 Hours" for "Standby" under "Time since last full charge." Did he get a used or bad battery?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Does anyone know what the iPhone Usage statistics for a newly installed battery on an iPhone 3G should say? My friend and I recently took in our iPhones to have the battery replaced at a local shop. When I got back my iPhone, it had a dash for "Usage" and "Standby" under "Time since last full charge." It has since changed after I fully recharged it and seems to be reading correct. But my friend's iPhone says "4,107 Days, 11 Hours" for "Usage" and "4,108 Days, 13 Hours" for "Standby" under "Time since last full charge." Did he get a used or bad battery?
Tell him to reset "usage statistics".

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
"At a local shop" doesn't sound like an Apple store, who knows where the battery came from.

Either way, I think the usage statistics are maintained on the phone not stored on the battery. Maybe the phone is just acting weird because a new battery was installed?

gpc17

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just make a charge to 100%, and it will be gone.

idavid956

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
No, it wasn't an Apple Store because we don't have any here. It was a shop that specializes in iPhone/iPod/iPad repairs. They gave us back the old batteries that were in our phones. I was just being cautious when I saw the differences in both our phones usage statistics. I thought maybe they just popped out our old batteries and put them back in and gave us some old batteries they had lying around.

I guess what I would really like to find out is if there is some way to prove that I have a new battery installed. Is there some kind of diagnostic or app that can tell how many charge cycles a battery has gone through?

As for my friend's iPhone, it has since reset itself after a full recharge. I've also posted the screen shots of my iPhone and my friend's.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    46.3 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.