Usage same as standby

The Flying Kite

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
Is that bad? And how so? If you use your device quite a bit wouldn't they be even or possibly even more usage than standby?
Standby includes usage time in addition to the time you are not using the device, so while it is possible that standby and usage times are the same, usage cannot be higher than standby.

sbailey4

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2011
USA
On both ipad air and iphone 5
Please help and advise
Typically caused by some app hung up. Try and close all apps then reboot the device. If it continues you can try and disable your email accounts (temporarily) and see if it stops. then re-enable (that may be all you need to do is toggle them). Next option would be settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Of course that will cause you to have to add back any wifi networks. Last option is same place but "reset all settings" That will only reset default system settings and will leave apps and data intact. You will have to go back through settings to set as you prefer and add back wifi networks and wallpaper.

dannyyankou

macrumors G3
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Same thing is happening to me. I did a hard reset, closed all apps in the background, and put my phone to the side for about an hour and the usage stats are the same as standby. Obviously not a big problem but I'd like accurate battery statistics.

sbailey4

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Same thing is happening to me. I did a hard reset, closed all apps in the background, and put my phone to the side for about an hour and the usage stats are the same as standby. Obviously not a big problem but I'd like accurate battery statistics.
See above post for solution

LorenK

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Illinois
I have the same problem. I had to get my battery replaced because it was draining an an unbelievable rate, but the problem remains. The suggestion was to do a clean system install, but that has not fixed the problem either.

I am thinking that there is a firmware or other hardware problem that is keeping the phone from going to sleep. It has been suggested that this is a non-fixable problem and that I need to get the phone replaced. I hate having to do that, but unless Apple recognizes the problem and there is a software fix available, that will be my only choice, because the battery does not get the life it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.