Usage same as standby

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by darrwing34, Dec 17, 2013.

1. darrwing34 macrumors newbie

On both ipad air and iphone 5
    Please help and advise

2. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Is that bad? And how so? If you use your device quite a bit wouldn't they be even or possibly even more usage than standby?

3. darrwing34 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is my ipad first thing in morning

Attached Files:

4. The Flying Kite macrumors regular

Standby includes usage time in addition to the time you are not using the device, so while it is possible that standby and usage times are the same, usage cannot be higher than standby.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Yes it is bad because the device is being "used" when it should be in standby.

6. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Typically caused by some app hung up. Try and close all apps then reboot the device. If it continues you can try and disable your email accounts (temporarily) and see if it stops. then re-enable (that may be all you need to do is toggle them). Next option would be settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Of course that will cause you to have to add back any wifi networks. Last option is same place but "reset all settings" That will only reset default system settings and will leave apps and data intact. You will have to go back through settings to set as you prefer and add back wifi networks and wallpaper.

7. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

8. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I would think something is running in the background. That's weird though.

9. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Same thing is happening to me. I did a hard reset, closed all apps in the background, and put my phone to the side for about an hour and the usage stats are the same as standby. Obviously not a big problem but I'd like accurate battery statistics.

10. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

See above post for solution

11. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yeah, I tried all of that and nothing worked. I restored from backup and it's accurate again.

12. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Wow interesting. Typically one of those will do it. Glad you got it going.

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

14. LorenK macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. I had to get my battery replaced because it was draining an an unbelievable rate, but the problem remains. The suggestion was to do a clean system install, but that has not fixed the problem either.

I am thinking that there is a firmware or other hardware problem that is keeping the phone from going to sleep. It has been suggested that this is a non-fixable problem and that I need to get the phone replaced. I hate having to do that, but unless Apple recognizes the problem and there is a software fix available, that will be my only choice, because the battery does not get the life it should.