Usage = standby...HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rye9, Aug 1, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

So starting today... my usage has been the same as my standby... which I assume means that ever since my iPhone has begun it's new "cycle" since the full charge... it's been "working". Normally I'd go through a charge cycle as almost 2 days of standby and 8-ish hours of usage; however last night my battery drained nearly 15%, and I noticed my usage increased to 17 hours... indicating that it had been active overnight. That I guess has continued today, since my usage and standby are both near 3 hours.... what is going on all of a sudden?! What apps may be running in the background and why?

2. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Is anybody able to help? If not I suppose I'll call AppleCare in the morning.., although they probably won't be of too much help. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

3. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Never heard of this happening before. Try a reboot or turn off the phone and charge it fully over night.

That's all I can suggest, Apple Care might have a better solution though.

4. Peaugh macrumors regular

I had the same issue with mine. Close EVERY app in your standby dock. One of them has glitched and is still running in the background. That's how I fixed mine earlier today, didn't even need to reboot. Once I'd closed every app in the multitasking menu, the numbers immediately started to differentiate.

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

this happened to me before, one of my apps was still running. I began closing them one by one antil I found which one it was. I did this by closing one, putting the phone on standby and checking the usage in a couple of minutes to see if they were still the same or not. Once you find out which program it is, remember to fully close it when your done using it until they update.