Usage Statistics Broken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sheppy1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Strange one here guys, just went to check my usage statistics but instead of showing me how many hours my phone has been used for it is displaying 2 "-" icons instead, see image attached, anyone know why this might be? I have an iPhone 4 and it's Jailbroken, it was working fine before I Jailbroke

Attached Files:

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Please do a search as this has been bought up several times. With jailbroken phones every time you respring, restart the phone or just randomly the usage statistics get wiped. A bit annoying but a minor bug

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Fair enough, my bad then, thanks for the reply

4. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Yea its been brought up but never solved right? I mean just like the dev team fixed the FaceTime & MMS issue that arose from jailbreaking, can't they patch this issue too? Or is it something different?

Thanks
    AE

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This has been around since the very first jailbreak. I'm sure they're aware of it but it's probably not an easy fix and more likely it's not fixable. The OS sees resprings or certain modifications as a restart probably and there is nothing you can do to trick the OS otherwise.

6. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Well I guess we will have to live with it then. I wish otherwise though, would love to see my actual usuage. Never really had the chance to, by the time I got my phone here in CANADA, I had to jailbreak.

Thanks
    AE

7. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Well at least it's not just a problem with my phone anyway, not really fussed that I can't see them as it's not something that I check regularly but it would be good to see a fix

8. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

The usage shouldn't wipe if you don't respring, install a new program from Cydia or anything jailbreak related. Saying that, it does sometimes wipe it randomly but that is rare.

9. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Yea once I settle into my jailbreak, it will probably start moving. So far, I have been installing uninstalling respringing, rebooting.

Thanks
    AE

10. parrothead001 macrumors newbie

This happens to me and I'm not jailbroken...All legit apps, nothing out of the ordinary.

11. threezero macrumors 6502

why didnt u buy a factory unlock one right in canada?

12. declandio macrumors 6502

... the stats will reappear once you plug the phone in for charging

13. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I think if you restart it they may come back.
    I dont know if this is true or why it happens if it does I just seem to remebemer it oddly working for me once

14. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Usage will reset every time you re-spring, they will not start showing up again until you recharge it fully. If a jailbroken program crash and cause mobile substrate to crash, them this usage will also go away too (same effect as respringing)

It will happen even before jailbrake, if you battery is at 60% and you plug it to your computer or your car charger for a few minutes and it doesn't reach full charge it will reset this usage too.