Usage time exact same amount as standby time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlendedFrog, Jan 5, 2012.

1. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

This is something that I just noticed yesterday and I have never seen it like this before.

Yesterday night my standby time since last charge was 17 hours and 35 minutes and my usage was 17 hours 30 minutes.

Now yesterday was my day off from work and on my off days I do a lot less on my phone. I only made 4 calls and did no web work. I killed all background apps from running but the usage time kept going up.

Today my standby time is 1 hour 54 minutes and the standby time is the same. My only running apps are phone, clock, mail, and calendar. I am running wifi but that always runs. I have not made any calls as of yet today.

Anyone else ever see this...any idea why?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Software bug. Often times a crashed background process. Sometimes it'll chew up your battery. A hard reboot usually helps, though I've heard of it being caused by corrupted data like an address book entry (which a reboot wouldn't cure).

3. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

When this happened to my iPhone, doing a reset fixed it. If restarting it doesn't fix it, then try this.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. That will not erase content, but it will reset things like the wallpaper and it will reset any ringtones you've assigned to people. Be sure to chose the option to set up as new device after the phone restarts.

That solved it for me.