General Usage time going up without using anything

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bugeyeblue, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0 jailbroken. The battery life is great, but this morning I tested something I was curious about. I checked the usage time and its at 4 minutes even though I haven't used the phone for one second since fully charging it. Anyone else have this happen?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes I've had the annoying usage=standby time bug. In my case, it was just my email client going berserk. To resolve, I had to delete both of my email accounts, reboot my phone, then add one email account and wait for all the emails to fully load, then reboot again, add the 2nd email account and wait for the emails to fully load. I believe at that point I was done. I may or may not have rebooted the device one final time. But either way this fixed my phone from constantly running even when not using it. Since I had a haywire email process running wild my usage time was pretty much the entire duration my battery was alive for.

There are a bunch of threads on this issue. You could prolly find a bunch of information if your phone doesn't correct itself.