Usage Time = Standby Time iPhone 4 always hot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dongwe, Oct 24, 2010.

1. dongwe macrumors member

Hallo,

from when i upgrade jb at 4.1 with Pwnage Tool, i have issues with my battery.
    I notice usage time is the same of standby time (but i do not use the phone), and it's always a little bit hot.
    I deactivated all push applications (Mail, Notifications) but the problem remains. I did reboot but the issue remains.
    It seems something continue works when my iphone is in standby.
    I travel a lot for work, so battery it's for me a fundamental point.
    Is someone that can help me?
    Thank you very much!

2. ya1950 macrumors regular

I had this same issue. Phone was hot and battery ran out overnight. No idea what was going on but I restored with Tiny Umbrella and used limera1n to JB. Phone is not longer running hot and battery time is back to normal. This does not seem to be a wide spread problem since most folks do not report the issue.

3. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Double click the home button and close all running applications at the bottom which do not need to be running. You can leave Notes,contacts,phone,calendar and the other basics running but if you have other stuff like Angry Birds,Skype,Beejive or Facebook then that stuff should be closed.You will see lower temperatures and longer battery life.

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

All the things you listed with the exception of beejive (don't have it so I'm not sure on it) goes into saved state so uses no CPU cycles and isn't a drain on the battery.

5. ya1950 macrumors regular

Actually there have been similar reports after jailbreaking (goggle it) and no one has been able to localize the problem. Usually rejailbreaking with a different tool solves it but not always. In my case the phone ran hot without winterboard installed and while supposedly on standby. No idea what happened but I rejailbroke with a different tool and the identical setup is running fine now for several days.