Usage time stats question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ks-man, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I unplugged my iphone from the charger at 9:00AM and when I checked there was 1 minute for usage. It has been left on standby all day since then until now when it is 1:30PM. It now says 20 mins for usage.

I didn't receive any phone calls or texts during that time. I did receive a few e-mails. I have Location Services off, WiFi on (though it isn't connected), 3G on and push e-mail on. I have fetch e-mail set to manual.

Is this normal that I could gain 19 mins of usage which I can only guess is being caused by push? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can anybody else test out their phone and see if it exhibits this type of behavior?

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Every time it pushes or fetches counts as usage. At least that seems to be the way mine works.

I had an "issue" a week or two ago where my usage would go up by hours while I slept (as did, presumably, the iPhone), but I think it was due to a faulty app, as I deleted a couple I never used that didn't work well and the problem disappeared.

So, to answer your question, getting 15 minutes of usage out of 3-4 hours of time in your pocket isn't all that unusual and isn't anything to be concerned about.