usage times will be shown after iphone is fully charged gets showed randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fatboy71, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Since owning my 4S for almost a week. I have on 2 occasions seen my usage stats be there earlier on in the day, but when I check later on, my stats just show:

'usage times will be shown after iphone is fully charged'

Just to confirm that I have not had my 4S plugged into the mains to charge, nor connected to my PC to sync.

Is anyone else seeing this happen either with the 4S or iOS 5?

2. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

3. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Yes. that's how it works. Once you charge to 100% and unplug your phone, usage begins to be recorded :)

4. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Thanks.

Mind did initially show usage times after I had fully charged the iPhone and unplugged it. But later on when I checked back in the usage section it showed that they would be shown after the iPhone was charged, the place where the usage times are, we're just showing a - in the place where the times should be shown.

5. Zxxv macrumors 68040

I've just had this happen to me. My iPhone has something to hide LOL she's hiding. It's this battery thing. I think it's got to her :D

Was on 5hr use
    15hr standby (I think)

Now says what you posted.

'usage times will be shown after iphone is fully charged'

Saw mine disappear at 25% (well that's when I checked)

6. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

I forgot about this post :eek:

I found what was causing the problem on my 4S. I kept getting panic.plist crashes, when that happened the usage stats were reset.

Basically panic.plist are caused by a hardware problem, the only way to fix them is by getting the iPhone replaced, which is what I had done. Since then I've not had any panic.plist crashes or 'usage times will be shown after iphone is fully charged' appearing.

Zxxv, it might be worth checking in general/about/diagnostic & usage/diagnostic & usage data, and see if there is any entry in there with panic.plist in the title. If there is then you will need your iPhone replaced, has you iPhone will randomly reboot, that's what happens with panic.plist crashes.

7. Zxxv macrumors 68040

I havent any panic.plist and my phone hasnt rebooted on its own.... yet :)

thanks for the info.