"Usage times will be shown after iPhone is fully charged"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iMichael72, Aug 10, 2009.

1. iMichael72 macrumors regular

I bought the 3GS a couple of weeks ago, and I still can't get any usage information.
    I have charged it over-night several times and the battery icon says 100%, but when I check the settings under usage, it says "Usage times will be shown after iPhone is fully charged.

I did search the forums, and saw some replies mixed in that addressed this, but didn't see any feedback.

Thanks.

2. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

Hmm thats odd.. Maybe try calibrating the battery. Use it all the way down until it shuts off and then charge it all the way back up to 100%

3. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

Ahh! Actually, I just checked my phone and I too am seeing the message for the first time? I recently jailbroke my phone... maybe that has something to do with it?

4. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Does your usage just display a blank when you go into it?
    If so, it's because when you use Winterboard to change a setting, and it restarts springboard, it clears the usage statistics for that charge too. I figured that out on my old one after a couple of days.

5. iMichael72 thread starter macrumors regular

I have not jailbroken my iPhone. I will try letting the battery go all the down to 0 then recharging it.

6. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

Ahh thats probably it.. I had Winterboard, but just removed it this morning... So thats why mine is like that then.