Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
What the deuce!!? Does using installer mess with your usage stats?? I was trying to monitor my times to see if I needed to restore cuz my battery went down pretty quick yesterday. I was at 1 Hr standby and something like an hour and a half usage. I just went to check it again and there's nothing there and it says my usage times will be shown after my phone is fully charged. WTF!!? I just fully charged it last night! :mad:

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Everytime the Springboard restarts, usage data is wiped. Dumb, but just the way it is. If you consider the plain-jane iPhone user, how often do you think they'll install something and reboot their springboard. Also, if you're having short battery life, turn OFF SSH. it's a constant active connection that eats away your battery life.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Everytime the Springboard restarts, usage data is wiped. Dumb, but just the way it is. If you consider the plain-jane iPhone user, how often do you think they'll install something and reboot their springboard. Also, if you're having short battery life, turn OFF SSH. it's a constant active connection that eats away your battery life.

I already have it shut off via services but every time I turn the phone off and back on it's automatically on, so it's kind of a pain. Do I really even need it? I'm not much into accessing the files on my phone and if I really need to I can use iPhoneBrowswer. Is SSH good for anything that I don't know about?

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I find that Services don't work anymore on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Try BossPrefs. Honestly, if you use a mac, all you need is AFP. SSH are for PC users.

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006

Great tip thanks. Been looking for ways to boost my battery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.