**Usage Times**

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

What the deuce!!? Does using installer mess with your usage stats?? I was trying to monitor my times to see if I needed to restore cuz my battery went down pretty quick yesterday. I was at 1 Hr standby and something like an hour and a half usage. I just went to check it again and there's nothing there and it says my usage times will be shown after my phone is fully charged. WTF!!? I just fully charged it last night! :mad:

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Everytime the Springboard restarts, usage data is wiped. Dumb, but just the way it is. If you consider the plain-jane iPhone user, how often do you think they'll install something and reboot their springboard. Also, if you're having short battery life, turn OFF SSH. it's a constant active connection that eats away your battery life.

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I already have it shut off via services but every time I turn the phone off and back on it's automatically on, so it's kind of a pain. Do I really even need it? I'm not much into accessing the files on my phone and if I really need to I can use iPhoneBrowswer. Is SSH good for anything that I don't know about?

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

I find that Services don't work anymore on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Try BossPrefs. Honestly, if you use a mac, all you need is AFP. SSH are for PC users.

5. LastZion macrumors 6502a

Great tip thanks. Been looking for ways to boost my battery!