Usage tip - saving power

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by basher, May 14, 2015.

1. basher, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015

basher macrumors 6502

basher

I'm trying to stretch the battery life of my Apple Watch. Part of my power saving techniques is to simply cover the face of the watch when I'm done viewing it. This way the display turns off sooner. This was so obvious that I initially never thought of it.

2. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I don't have the impression that "everyone else" is trying to stretch the battery life. I would have to work really hard to get low on battery in a single day. I don't think I have seen the watch at less than 40% battery life. I just charge at night. Charge and then don't worry about it seems to be the way this device works. My impression is that most people are finding this to be the case.

Now, if I left for a two-day trip and forgot my charger... this would require a little judicious use of apps.

3. dwreck macrumors member

Disabling "Hey Siri" seems to yield about 10% battery life per day.

4. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

Ditto....but I put an extra charger cable in my little travel cable bag.

5. Zxxv macrumors 68040

What does it matter if the battery dies? It goes into power save mode so you can still tell the time. Then you have your iPhone to use. Where's the problem?

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'm finishing 16-18 hour days on 50+% with what I would class as moderate usage. I could save power by putting my watch into airplane mode or reserve mode when I have no reception but really I've no need.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I was shocked last night when I still had 72% left at the end of the day.

8. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

I'd say 20-30% more for me.. on Medium brightness.

10% when using max brightness,

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

turn off heart rate

turning off heart rate monitoring got one user to 2 days of wear, seems that item hitting the lights /ir/other every 10 minutes at least was a killer..

same for when using an exercise, it hits the watch about 6 times a minute.

Sadly, as expected, turning it off yields a huge pop in battery life

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm trying to actually run it out at least once but can't. Exercising 100 minutes, phone calls, Siri, texting, notifications and .... I'm usually well over 20% left and the least was 8% after 17 hours use. Why are you having battery problems and who is "everyone else"?:D

11. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Yeah, i was conscious about the battery life in the beginning, now i've since removed the battery complication from my watch faces and don't even think about it, so i can't say how much battery I have at the end of the day. I've never gone into power reserve, so i guess its enough. :)