USAToday.com causing Safari to crash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VelvetElegance, Aug 17, 2007.

1. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

OK I just want to know if I can isolate this problem. For the past three days everytime I try to go to the tech page at usatoday.com/tech, Safari crashes. Has anyone else noticed this? It crashes everytime I try to read a story on that page..

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/default.htm

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

No crash for me. I'm using Safari 3.0.3 with no plug-ins or extras. What version of Safari are you using?

3. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using version 2.0.4. Try clicking on the link to the story about 300. That's what mine crashes.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Still didn't crash, it goes to an ad page for a few seconds before moving on. It has Flash and such, which may be causing the issue though not sure.

5. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

How can I get the latest version of Safari? I just assumed it would come through the periodic software updates.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

2.0.4 is the latest I believe. I'm using the new beta version. If you want to download it and use it, you'll find it, http://www.apple.com/safari/download/. It's pretty stable for me.

7. VOGUEx macrumors newbie

nope. works fine. i just got beta 3 so iono how it is on the 2 version.

Safari crashed many times when I watch a movie online ..so I switch to the beta version. it works with sites that doesnt work with the version 2.