USB 3.0 dongle fix

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NAYo2002, Oct 29, 2016.

1. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

I don't have my touch bar MBP yet, but I got a pair of these from Amazon and they look pretty decent quality. My plan is to just keep my USB cables (iPhone, external HD, etc.) permanently connected to one of these as they're cheap rather than doing the dongle system. Is there a downside to this solution? Any comments from those who have experience with similar adapters is appreciated.

USB C Adapter, Rankie 2-Pack Hi-speed USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Adapter for USB Type-C Devices Including MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1 Tablet and More - R1209 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL4PVFE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9ulfybRHQQBBQ

IMG_0417.jpg

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Looks to be a good solution. Saw this posted somewhere else here on MacRumors.

3. Macalway macrumors 68020

Yes they work fine. I have a few. Been using them on the rMB. That machine unfortunately, only has one port, so I ended up using the bulky power+ USB, which I hated BTW :D

Just put these on the end of your peripherals. But i'm wondering if there aren't actually cable solutions. I'm going to look now......