USB 3.0 Duplicator for iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mafaky, Jun 12, 2014.

1. mafaky macrumors regular

mafaky

Hi All,

Somewhere in this Forum I came across to a very uniquely designed USB 3.0 Duplicator for iMac. It is a kind of U or L shaped thing. The male part (end) you plug into the rear USB 3.0 port of the iMAC. The female end is on the front side on the display, actually can be clipped on the lower edge of the display. So it basically "carries" and "dublicates" the rear side USB input to the front side of the iMac for easier handling. he price was something around $ 15 apiece. Unfortunately neglected to bookmark the link.

Anybody who may know about this handy product, can you pls. give the link?

Thanks

2. blndcat macrumors newbie

3. mafaky thread starter macrumors regular

mafaky

Tkvm. for the quick response & assistance. Yes, that's the product I'm looking around!

Checked their website and On -Line Sales. The said product (although a price has been include) is shown as "currently unavailable". Well, it's either out of stock for the time being or still not available in commercial qtys.:confused:

4. Opi macrumors newbie

Bluelounge Jimi Problem!

I bought one of these in Germany a couple of weeks ago.
    14.99 Euros. Plugged it into my 27'' iMac when Back Home - quick and easy.

BUT - when I tried to insert a Flashdrive, the fit was so tight, that the Jimi slipped out of the lower edge slot and almost broke out of the USB3 slot of the Mac.
    When I checked the input of the Jimi, it had black rubber residue from the moulding process inside. This made it impossible to insert any USB plug.

After removing as much of the rubber as possible with tweezers, I managed to insert a flashdrive, just.
    But only before connecting the Jimi to the iMac. Summary: Not fit for purpose!
    PS Emailed Dealer Gravis a week ago - no reply yet. :(

5. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

6. jwhazel macrumors regular