USB 3.0 External HD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bsblvnv, Feb 3, 2010.

1. bsblvnv macrumors regular

Hey guys I am thinking about buying a new external and have been looking at this. Does anyone have one, or know much about them. I know 3.0 isn't out yet but I am hoping it will be on the new iMac's, and since it will still work with 2.0 just thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and get it. Plus it has a good price I think, today I was looking at a seagate 640gb for 139.

This is the drive, the other link is the price.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd never buy a pre-built drive from a manufacturer that doesn't actually tell you the brand of drive they use inside. USB 3.0 isn't coming to Macs for at least a year anyway.

3. bsblvnv thread starter macrumors regular

They use a few different drives mainly WD and Seagate, I don't have a problem with either of those. If I get it I am going to buy it at Fry's, and if I open it up and see a Hitachi I'll take it back. I was just wondering if anyone else has had it. Or just some general track record on Buffalo. And I know about the USB 3.0, personally I think the new MBP will have it. Then the new iMac. When it comes to the iMac thats when I get get a new computer.