USB 3.0 SD Card Reader with multiple SD slots?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Switchfoot, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Switchfoot macrumors member

Hey guys! Can't seem to find this particular device-

I want an SD card reader (preferably USB 3.0, class 10 cards) that can handle 3-4 different SD cards all at once. I don't care about any other type of cards- just want to be able to take my different cards (video, audio, etc.) and plug them all in at once.

Thanks for any help!

2. Switchfoot thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Was secretly hoping it wouldn't be quite that expensive, but it definitely solves the problem!

3. Switchfoot thread starter macrumors member

That thing looks fun! But I believe (as far as I can tell from the pictures) that it only has one SD slot. Good find tho!

4. carestudio macrumors 6502

5. Switchfoot thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply! I'm looking for something with multiple SD slots though.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Curious as to what's the practical use? Why not just import the cards into your Mac?

7. Switchfoot thread starter macrumors member

I do a lot of video/audio that requires syncing pre-edit, but having the footage or audio files even 20 minutes after I'm done isn't important. My workflow atm is to insert video sd, import, insert audio sd, import, sync- then edit. Being able to just sync and edit straight from the cards would speed up my workflow significantly (at least, I hope it can!).

Plus, on multi cam shoots, trying to figure out which card holds the angle I need at that moment gets frustrating when inserting, checking, then ejecting each card one at a time.

8. apalm macrumors newbie

Did you ever find a device that works for you? I see a lot of multi-card readers out there, but they all seem to have slots for a variety of memory card sizes (only one of which is for a SDXC card) rather than a device with slots for 3-4 standard SDXC cards.