USB Audio Issue

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Veezer, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Veezer macrumors newbie

Good Morning. It's a month or so that i try to post but for one or another reason i didn't do it. Let's go directly to my problem:
    I have this Late 2012 Mac mini with 10.10 and i decided to use a old USB Audio Card that i didn't want to sell. It's a Mobile Pre USB from M-Audio, my first audio card and i don't want to give up on that. Everything works fine, but the only thing bothering me is the fact that if i don't plug the USB in everytime, 10.10 won't list the card.
    I know, it's a sloppy old card, with no Support since idk, but i'd like to understand if is there a solution allowing me to boot both the card and the PC without this stupid thing everytime. Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE'
    Terminal command was removed. OP, this may be a harmful command, there's no way to know. Please be careful about pasting unknown code into your system. Your computer may be comprised at this point

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Based on this post, the code posted (now deleted) was indeed malicious, OP if you ran the script please be aware that of what's been written.

4. Veezer thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so what to do now?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you ran the code, then the safest thing is to reboot into the recovery partition and reinstall OS X.

6. Veezer thread starter macrumors newbie

It will be done. Thanks maflynn.
    Should i fresh install it?

7. Veezer thread starter macrumors newbie

I just reinstalled the OS. Should it be good now?