USB Audio to 3.5 mm Audio Adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Knolly, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Knolly macrumors 6502a

So I've tried searching and have found tons of things that do the opposite... But does anyone know of any sort of adapter that can convert USB speakers into a regular 3.5 mm headphone plug?

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

If I understand it right you have a USB male plug that you want to convert into 3.5mm male plug so the adapter would have to be USB female in and 3.5mm male plug out.

I haven't seen an adapter like that but I think you might be able do what you want by combining existing adapters with USB gender changers and/or 3.5mm gender changers.

3. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

Do the USB Speakers plug in to the wall socket, or pull power from the USB Bus? If the latter is true, an adapter will not work, as you won't be able to power the amps in the speaker without some type of power. Also, as USB speakers are usually pretty cheap, I would just suggest going to newegg and buying the cheapest pair of speakers w/o USB.

4. Knolly thread starter macrumors 6502a

The speakers are powered by a wall outlet.

My issue is I'm using Logitech AudioHub speakers which designwise and everything work perfectly with my setup, but just create a headache for me when using Plex for my home theater business.