Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uuee6543

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
This has been previously mentioned on macrumours although not widely discussed. For iPhone 15 Pro Max owners who are looking for a charing cable with the max 10Gbps transfer speed, what option did you go for?

I've bought 6 different usb-c 3.2 gen 2 cables and NONE fit the Apple FineWoven case port cutout - they are always too wide. Is there no 3.2 cable that actually fits it?

uuee6543

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Are you sure Apple cable is USB-C gen 3.2 before you suggesting to OP?
The usb-c cable they sell isn't but I believe their thunderbolt cable fits into the FineWoven case and it's of course usb 3.2 gen 2 compliant. Although a bit of an overkill since iPhones don't support thunderbolt speeds and the thunderbolt cable is way more expensive than any usb-c cable I've seen.

Lotuskid

macrumors regular
May 23, 2010
this spigen thunderbolt 4 is what i ordered for myself and it fits great:

it was on sale for $20 when i bought it but is up to $25 now, not sure if that exceeds the budget. it is overkill but i figured its a cable that i would use for multiple generations of phones and devices (macbook/ipad) so would be worth it to future proof in case there are thunderbolt compatible devices i own in the future.

for comparison the short cable that came with my sandisk external drive has a rectangular cut and doesnt fit with the case on. Otherwise i would have likely skipped buying an extra cable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.