USB C Adapter with Displayport?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jiffry1017, Nov 26, 2016.

1. jiffry1017 macrumors member

Hey

Are there any USB C adapters (or cheap hub) with Displayport but also a separate USB C charging port? Kind of like the Apple usb C adapter to HDMI

I'm going to buy an ultra wide (Using Displayport connection) for my TB 15" MacBook pro and want to connect one cable to the computer.

2. thesaint024 macrumors 65816

thesaint024

That's my exact setup. I have an ultrawide monitor with DP and some USB peripherals. The availability of adapters is pretty slim unfortunately unless you go hub. The Apple HDMI is perfect except it's HDMI of course. There are 2 dongles that I know of: Cable Creation and Juiced on Amazon. I am using the Kensington hub which works perfect. There are a few other hubs that do DP: OWC, Caldigit, Belkin. They are all similar from what I gather. Fully compatible except some need firmware updates for the ethernet to work. I get full 3440x1440 @ 60hz. Good thing about hubs is the Power Delivery, so you get single cable docking.

Edit: just realized you have a 15. I'm not sure if the hubs go 87 watts. I think they're limited to 60, which will work, but won't charge you up under heavy load.

3. dealjunkie macrumors newbie