iPad USB-C Audio not working on iPadOS

AKKanMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
Has anyone else had a problem using headphones connected using an USB-C to audio jack adapter? Audio just comes out the iPads speakers instead of the headphones. I never had a problem using the adapter before updating to iPadOS/iOS13.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2015
Has anyone else had a problem using headphones connected using an USB-C to audio jack adapter? Audio just comes out the iPads speakers instead of the headphones. I never had a problem using the adapter before updating to iPadOS/iOS13.
No problem for me using the Apple adapter with headphones. Also works as expected with a Line 6 Helix Stomp Via USB B to C adapter. Check your AirPlay settings, at it seems to have changed a little. The headphones now are listed as USB C to headphone jack, or something like that. Maybe you need to select them based on your previous setting?

AKKanMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
No problem for me using the Apple adapter with headphones. Also works as expected with a Line 6 Helix Stomp Via USB B to C adapter. Check your AirPlay settings, at it seems to have changed a little. The headphones now are listed as USB C to headphone jack, or something like that. Maybe you need to select them based on your previous setting?
This may be a stupid question, but where would I check the AirPlay settings....I don’t seem to see it in the Settings App.

khhntz

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
California
Same situation here on my iPad Pro 2.

Prior to the beta the headphone works through a third-party (not Apple) USB-C to headphone adapter. However since iPadOS and now public beta 3 it has not worked.

I tried two different headphones and I even tried the adapter made by Apple and there is no sound through the headphones.

I also tried the same on my iPhone X (running the latest public beta iOS 13) and the sound works through the two headphones albeit via a different adapter.

I did also tried the AirPlay setting mentioned about but that didn’t work.

Lastly I tried connecting through a USB-C hub and nothing.

I hope Apple knows about this issue especially on an iPad. But I did also just submit the issue using the Feedback app that comes with the beta OS.

Last edited: