USB-C Cable Kinking

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Phightinphils, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Does anyone else with the rMB have issues with their charging cable feeling stiff and getting kinked easily? I feel like I'm freakin' grinding the components inside the cable when I unravel it.

Attached Files:

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

I don't have an rMB, however that does look very strange to my eye. Can you share a photo of how you typically wrap the cord?

3. Phightinphils thread starter macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

I wrap it the same way I've always wrapped my cords for my MacBook Pro's. These just seem so much more stiff and less conforming.

4. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I detach the cable from the charger and coil it in a loop aprx 6-7" as there are significantly more lines in USB C than the previous standards, nor are the cables currently ubiquitous. Personally I would avoid "kinking" the suppled cable for obvious reason.

Q-6

5. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

All of Apple's cables are overpriced dog poop since they make them cheaply and biodegradable. One area where Apple couldn't care less about quality, unfortunately. Third party cables are the way to go.

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Evidence please, given my 15" rMBP is charging off an Early 2008 charger, albeit with an adaptor...

Q-6

7. Phightinphils thread starter macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Well I don't purposefully "kink" it......... I've wrapped it the same way as I always have, just seems to be poor cable quality.

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Never said you did you did, just best avoided. My own rMB is used in business, predominately internationally the power cable looks same as new, as does it`s backup. Coiling the cable to aprx 6-7" allows for it to fit into the rMB`s sleeve pocket, nor does it superficially appear to damage the integrity of the cable in any shape or form.

Q-6

9. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

I don't think it's the biodegradable part that makes them crap, it's really more due to the fact that they're thin and have poor stress reliefs...