usb-c charger watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 537635, Jan 7, 2017.

1. 537635 macrumors 6502

I didn't find one made by Apple. Are there any 3rd party options?

2. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sure, have this already, but want to go full usb-c. C-Lightning exists. But not for the Apple Watch apparently.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Probably because most people don't plug their watch into their computer? Lightning cables are needed because people sync with iTunes.

4. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

That makes sense. Although when traveling, it's easy to have just the one charger. Now you need an extra charger or the adapter.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

What do you mean one charger? You would still need a different cable for your phone than your watch. You could have your USB C -> lightning for your phone and charge that via your computer and bring the original Apple Watch cube + puck for your watch. So yes, you have to bring a cube, but thats it.

6. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

The new MBP. Cannot charge Watch from that without the USB-C cable. So it's either the adapter or another charger.

I can just use the Macbook charger to directly charge the phone. Cannot do that with the Watch. I know it's stupid, it's just a few extra grams. But it is another unnecessary item. I think a USB-C watch charger with a very short cable would be ideal.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

8. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure they already thought about that.

Option 1: It's coming.
    Option 2: There's going to be a redesign of how the Watch is charged and they won't bother.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Not necessarily. You are the first person that I have spoken with that has brought up this point. Apple does have the occasional oversight, such as health only being part of backups and not iCloud directly. So if you were to restore as new, you lose all your health data.

Submitting feedback is always worth a shot.

10. Blackvibes macrumors member

Say wut? You are using a 25/60/87w adapter to charge your iPhone whilst it can do 12w at maximum? Wouldn't dare to try that, honestly.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The iPhone and power brick are smart enough not to overcharge the device. This is literally not a problem at all.