USB-C Digital AV Adaptor

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MarkW19, May 13, 2015.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Ordered this yesterday and was expecting the stated 3-5 weeks delivery; however it's already shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. UK. Just thought I'd let anyone know who was put off ordering it because of the long quoted shipping times!

Looking forward to trying it out with the Dell 2515H I just got.

2. Dayv macrumors 6502

I found a bunch of them on the shelf in the Arlington, VA store, so I canceled my pending order which still said it would ship in 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just about to ship it.

3. French River macrumors member

On April 16 I ordered one online for delivery to the local Apple store. It showed delivery in 5 - 7 weeks, but it arrived about a week later.

4. sunilc macrumors newbie

Bromley and Bluewater have plenty of these in stock...

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Wtf?! I ordered mine several weeks ago and it still hasnt come yet....

6. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Are you in the UK? Mine did arrive yesterday, really shocked as there's quite a difference between 5 weeks and 2 days! Not sure what's going on :/

7. r0c macrumors newbie

r0c

Aventura store in Miami has both digital and vga adapters. Picked mine up today.

8. thadoggfather, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015

thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Austin store only had one in stock, nabbed it.

returned my official apple usb-c to usb-a also, getting a black one from monoprice for $12 shipped after 15% coupon at the top banner of their site. I figured looks nicer with Space Grey and I like the rounded USB-A boxy portion:
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030319&p_id=13005&seq=1&format=2

and to differentiate between colors from this digital av dongle. I also sold my thunderbolt dock for $120 with the cable that I found for around $90 if I recall correctly a summer or two ago refurbished to offset the cable accessory blow to the wallet.

Got a sabrent usb 3.0 4-port hub too, charging the rMB and listening to my DAC over USB and transferring files to a small portable external.

Got a HDMI->DVI amazon basic cables coming too for my 24" 1920x1200 16:10 monitor

also have a lexar usb 3.0 cf/sd card reader, good to go

:D

9. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

I just picked up the one with the VGA port at my local Apple Store today! They had like 3 on the rack! The order I had on the Apple website still said ETA May 29th so I cancelled it.

10. Dekimasu macrumors regular

Ordered mine April 13 (US) and it still hasn't hit my card. :(

11. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

my hdmi to dvi cable came today.

hooked up to my 24" in love yet again. my rMB dwarfed next to it looks utterly fantastic.

this is easily the best computer i've ever owned.

so friggin happy

playing a 1080p video on the external while web surfing is sublime