Usb-c multi port adapter hdmi not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gaprofitt, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Gaprofitt Suspended

Anyone have issues with hdmi on these adapters? I get no signal at all. The usb and power work fine on the adapter. Ive tried different monitors, switched hdmi cables etc. Could it be something in the OS?

2. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

nope, no issues; I actually have 2 of them (one for work and one for home), and both work perfectly fine (I've had them both for over a month now and use them everyday). You might have a bad one, and should get it replaced.

3. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

When I plug mine in, I get nothing but noise for like 20 seconds, and then it finally starts working. Sometimes I have to open and close the lid on my MacBook, or unplug and re-plug my HDMI cable from the adapter. It's annoying for sure.

4. bossxii macrumors 68000

No issues at all. Using it clamshell mode works just fine, wake from sleep etc... First option would be to try another HDMI cable, but beyond that tough to test the dongle as you likely don't have another USB C device. Maybe time to swap it, which sucks because I have yet to find any in stores.

5. mikael dahya macrumors newbie

mikael dahya

i have the 12 inch macbook running os 10 el captain and i have the usb type c multi adopter hdmi and the usb is not working i even got a new one and it still doesn't work

6. hallbc macrumors newbie

Hi did anyone find a fix for this issue? I have the Early 2016 Macbook and it is not working, however the same adapter on my friends Early 2015 model works fine through HDMI to external monitor. I can't figure out why it's not working on mine

7. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Are you talking about the official Apple adapter or a third-party adapter?

BJ

8. hallbc macrumors newbie

A third party adapter. Minix Neo C.

9. looking4anotebo macrumors 6502

no further questions, your honor

10. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

I believe 2016 has different hdmi profile or something apple changed that affects 3rd party adapters. The official apple adapter has firmware update you can apply.

I use a Hootoo Shuttle for hdmi output to my dell 34" (3440x1440), been working fine.

11. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Only the Apple adapters are guaranteed to work in all the configurations one might expect, the answers you were getting earlier in the thread assumed you were talking about those. Third-party adapters struggle with USB-C and Apple's implementation, especially for HDMI. Instead of trying to make something work to save a few dollars, give in and buy the Apple solution.

BJ

LOL.

BJ