Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I am looking for one of those side USB-C hubs for my 12" MacBook, but can only seem to find ones for the MacBook Pro. I need something with USB 3.0 and the ability to charge through USB C. Similar to the attached. Thanks!
GutbqvV.jpg

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
I worry about those side type hubs. It seems to me that plugging and unplugging anything from the hub is going to put mechanical forces into the single USB-C port however careful you are to hold the hub while you do it.
I would always choose one with a short lead where this won't happen.
If you definitely want one like that Satechi make one for the MacBook.
https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/satechi...--W0ALE_Z1YqGubEvrPKwDtbO1JqM43xoC-ygQAvD_BwE

Reactions: PilotWoo

deepakvrao

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2011
India
The Hootoo works great. I use it with 3 hard drives and data transfer as well as charging is great. Also connects my external monitor.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Link broken.

The Hootoo works great. I use it with 3 hard drives and data transfer as well as charging is great. Also connects my external monitor.
Which hub? What happens when you unplug one of the drives?

I noticed with my USB-C hub, if I stick two drives in it, it works fine. However, if I disconnect one, both will disconnect, even the one still plugged in.

It's an Anble CA50013SL combo hub with HDMI and networking, USBC power passthru, SD, and two USB-A, but otherwise looks very similar to the HooToo models.

71wdpJiTLSL._SL1500_.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.