Usb-c to digital apple connector issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sam3020, Aug 10, 2015.

1. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

hello

I have got my new MacBook 12" which I love. I brought one of the usb-c to digital out. So it has the hdmi, usb-c and and usb out. Does anyone have an issue with running more than one from this adapter or does it only suppose to run one? I wanted to plug into my TV to watch a film and charge it at the same time?

2. marcribeiro macrumors newbie

As far as I know, the adapter is made to allow you to do everything simoutaneously, i.e., it's perfectly possible to charge your Macbook and hook it up to your TV at the same time.

3. sam3020 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Maybe it is due to running El capitan on the MacBook. Anyone else with El cap experienced this?

4. marcribeiro macrumors newbie

I'm with Yosemite... Either way, the purpose of the adapter is to allow you to use all the connections simoultaneously, and not only to serve as a converter. So even with El Capitan Beta, I'd assume it should work. Unfortuantelly I cannot test it for you at this time. Good luck!

5. sam3020 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sam3020

literally as soon as i plug in any second adapter it automatically disconnects the other

6. marcribeiro macrumors newbie

Just to see if I'm getting everything correctly:
    1) You have the original Apple USB-C Digital (HDMI) adapter, right?
    2) You plug it into de USB-C port;
    3) You connect the charger, and;
    4) You cannot connect anything else (for exemple HDMI display and/or USB A pen drive)?

Is that it? If so, either El Capitan is still very buggy in terms of USB-C port management, or you have a hardware problem either on the adapter or on your USB-C port.

7. sam3020 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Yeah it is an original apple adapted. And you are correct. Only one thing will work at once. If I plug in a usb hard drive it will show up and then I plug charger in as well and it goes. It's strange

8. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

I am wondering if there's something wrong with the adaptor. I just tried the same sequence as you, and it worked fine, both in Yosemite and El Cap... so either something is awry with your laptop, your adaptor, or the software... so path of least resistance is swap the adaptor, try, and if it fails, move on to OS X.